Ronald McDonald House Liverpool are looking for a passionate, ideas driven copywriter to develop their tone of voice, produce impactful and original content that inspires donations, and manage all communication channels – from social, to print!
Sound like you? Have a look at the job description and application details below !!
Ronald McDonald House Liverpool is a charity which provides home from home accommodation for families whose children are inpatients at Alder Hey Hospital. It provides 84 rooms 365 days per year. The accommodation is free of charge for families, and the charity does not receive any statutory funding, it needs to raise £600K per year purely from public donations.
Job Title: Copywriter
Reports to: Fundraising Manager
Salary: £20K per annum.
Hours: 37.5 per week flexible to meet the needs of role, will include weekend, bank holiday and evenings.
This is a temporary position until 31st December 2018
Closing date: Friday 16th March.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
You are expected to adhere to the key duties and responsibilities contained in your Job Description, namely:
• Work across all digital media within the business.
• Help drive brainstorming meetings e.g. digital content, fund raising ideas.
• Help mould the RMH tone of voice across all touch points e.g. website, all social channels, printed literature, internal comms etc. Work to make the House’s overall communications more creative, challenging and different.
• Day-to-day management of all copywriting and social channels.
• Writing all press releases and managing sell-in with local and national press.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
You are also expected to adhere to the general duties and responsibilities expected of all employees, namely:
• Ensuring effective time management by prioritising important tasks, most particularly with regard to working within all schedules and deadlines.
• Communicating with all stakeholders, including families, staff, the hospital, directors etc.
• Keeping the office and all work spaces clean and tidy.
• Ensuring the health and safety of self and other staff.
• Ensuring standards of excellence across all work.
• Supporting other staff members to ensure smooth and effective operation of RMH.
• Attending relevant meetings and undertaking relevant administrative tasks.
• Following office guidelines and the provisions contained within the Staff Handbook/Code of Conduct.
• Developing commercial awareness by ensuring up-to-date knowledge of the 3rd sector market.
• Keeping abreast of and sharing knowledge of current/new digital trends and developments to ensure RMH’s work is always innovative.
• Performing any reasonable task that is requested of you line manager
For more information about the role please call
Wendy Carson – House Director
0151 252 5869
To apply for the position please send your CV’s to