Treasurer at Ronald McDonald House at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
Ronald McDonald House at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool is the largest Ronald McDonald House in Europe. The 84-bedroomed House exists to provide a ‘home away from home’ for families supporting critically ill children or those with long-term debilitating conditions and is entirely funded by charitable donations.
An exciting philanthropic opportunity has arisen for a Trustee to join the Board of this vital support charity as Treasurer.
As a Trustee you will
- join the existing Trustees to support the Chair in delivering the charity’s vision
- in addition to normal governance roles and responsibilities, use your proven financial management skills to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- as a worthy team player, possess sound negotiation skills and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- above all you will be committed to dedicating the required time and energy to steer this worthwhile charity to the next phase in its future.
- Training and full handover from the existing Treasurer will be provided.
- You will serve on the Main Committee and on the Budget & Audit Committee. You will be required to attend a minimum of 8 meetings a year for 2/3 hours .
- Minimum service as Treasurer for two years with re-election every two years.
- Tenure for Trustee positions is a minimum of three years extendable by election for a further three years at a time
Information about the House is available at https://ronaldmcdonaldhouseliverpool.org.uk/
More information about Alder Hey hospital is available at http://www.alderhey.nhs.uk/
You may visit the house prior to application by appointment (telephone 0151 252 5869)